For quick and efficient backups.
Folder Snapshot Utility will make a rapid backup copy (a ‘snapshot’) of anything you throw at it. This is much faster than a traditional backup copy (think ~1200x faster) and uses practically zero disk space.
Therefore, Folder Snapshot Utility can be used as a rudimentary ‘version control’ tool – storing backups quickly and efficiently so you can ‘roll back’ to a previous version if you need to.
Take a snapshot by simply dragging-and-dropping items onto the dock icon, or just right-click in the Finder and choose ‘take snapshot’.
You may opt to enter a comment as your snapshot is taken, which may serve as a useful reminder if you ever decide to restore the snapshot.
You can store your snapshots wherever you like, and different snapshots can be stored in different places – even on external disks.
Folder Snapshot Utility does not require your disc to be APFS formatted. Older Macs and external discs are welcome here!
– Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion and Mountain Lion Server)
– Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks and Mavericks Server)
– Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite and Yosemite Server)
– Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan and El Capitan Server)
– macOS 10.12 (Sierra and Sierra Server)
– macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and High Sierra Server)
– macOS 10.14 (Mojave and Mojave Server)
APFS is not required – this app works on any filesystem which supports hardlinking.
Download now and try for free.